Wednesday, October 2, 2013

Jennifer Lawrence speaks to Harpers Bazaar UK in new issue


E! Online has posted this great article along with amazing shots of Jennifer Lawrence in Harper's Bazaar UK where she even discusses harsh words that have been said about her weight.
The issue hits newstands on Thursday. 
Here's a bit from it:
The Oscar winner revealed that she was often harangued over her weight during her early years in show business.
"I was young. It was just the kind of s--t that actresses have to go through," Lawrence, now 23, told the magazine (via Just Jared). "Somebody told me I was fat, that I was going to get fired if I didn't lose a certain amount of weight. They brought in pictures of me where I was basically naked, and told me to use them as motivation for my diet. It was just that."


With her delicate baby face and curvy figure, the Kentucky native didn't exactly fit the stick-figure profile we're used to seeing from Tinseltown these days when she appeared as a teen in such films as The Poker House and The Burning Plain before gaining acclaim for 2010's Winter's Bone.
Just because she's become a superstar by toplining a mega-successful franchise and winning a Best Actress Academy Award for Silver Linings Playbook, that doesn't mean Lawrence has forgotten how she was treated by image-obsessed folks in the industry.
"[Someone brought up] that because of the way my career had gone, it wouldn't still hurt me. That somehow, after I won an Oscar, I'm above it all. 'You really still care about that?' Yeah. I was a little girl. I was hurt," said J.Law in no uncertain terms. "It doesn't matter what accolades you get. I know it'll never happen to me again. If anybody even tries to whisper the word 'diet,' I'm like, 'You can go f--k yourself."


No comments:

Post a Comment