Thursday, December 13, 2012

Jennifer Lawrence's interview with The Guardian

Here's some of the interview where she discusses Hunger Games and Silver Lining's Playbook:

The line's crackling. Where are you?
I'm filming in Hawaii. But right now I'm eating doughnuts. I've just been inundated with doughnuts; it's a perk of the job.
Moving on to other matters, Silver Linings Playbook has been named one of the Guardian's best films of the year.
Well, thank you, that's awesome. I'm a little taken aback. I should have prepared a speech. It's a project I'm proud of. The cast and the crew gave it their all, working late nights, 15-hour days, trying to get it right. It was made with passion, that's for sure.
Your role as Tiffany Maxwell gave you a chance to shout down Robert De Niro. There's not many actors who can make that boast.
Oh, that was nerve-racking. I had a habit of never looking at what scene we were doing next. But then the night before I looked ahead and thought: "Oh my God, I've got to act against De Niro." But it was fine. He's the nicest man in the world. He's actually very quiet. On set he keeps himself to himself and only pipes up when he has something proper to say. When he does pipe up, people listen.

Since shooting Silver Linings Playbook, you've gone on to work with Bradley Cooper on another film.
Yeah, it's called Serena. I was actually cast in that before starting Silver Linings Playbook, but we were still looking for the male lead. So one day I mentioned it to Brad and said: "Do you want to do it?" and he shrugged and said OK.
Serena is a drama set during the 1930s Depression. It all sounds very John Steinbeck.
You're breaking up. Did you ask if I was playing John Steinbeck?
No.
OK, because that would be weird.
What with your performances in Winter's Bone, The Hunger Games and Serena, you're becoming the poster-girl for nickel-and-dime America.
I know, but I'm just looking for interesting stories and strong characters. Maybe that's where the good material is. Maybe that's why I end up playing white-trash girls with too much responsibility.

More at guardian

No comments:

Post a Comment